This is the Linux app named RC_Filter_Explorer whose latest release can be downloaded as RCFilterExplorer.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named RC_Filter_Explorer with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
For a given total series resistance and total parallel capacitance, a multistage RC filter will give a much sharper rolloff than a single stage filter. The difference is very large when going from one stage to two stages and tapers off as the number of stages increase.
The main application of such a filter would be in circuits where the offset and frequency performance of an active filter would be undesirable. The series resistance can be specified and the number of stages increased to give the required attenuation while also increasing the filter bandwidth.
As the number of stages increase, the resistance and capacitance of each stage can be reduced in proportion to the total number of stages.
The total series resistance and parallel capacitance will be significantly lower than the resistance and capacitance required for a single stage with the same attenuation.
The component values are calculated using a successive approximation algorithm which converges relatively quickly.
- Quick and dirty multistage RC filter designer using Python and Numpy.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/rc-filter-explorer/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.