This is the Linux app named rcg-tool whose latest release can be downloaded as rcg-tool.7z. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named rcg-tool with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
This application is set to be used as an extension for GNS3 to automatically generate the configuration of all Cisco (and ALU in the future) network equipments that are part of a virtual topology. We take advantage of the topology setup configuration files produced by GNS3 to automatically generate the nodes (e.g. routers and switches) configuration files, without the need to access their corresponding consoles. Our implementation is also able to include customized settings, like the routing protocol to be used and which baseline configuration should be applied. This extension for GNS3 allows beginner practitioners to produce valid configuration files that can be further analysed, replicated and even applied to real network equipments. For more experienced students or practitioners this extension allows to speedup the overall network configuration task in large and complex network topologies, since they may overtake some initial and repetitive IP configuration steps.
- Automatic configuration generator
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/routerconfigurationgenerator/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.