This is the Linux app named RecordEditor whose latest release can be downloaded as RecordEdit_Installer_for_GenericDB_0.69.1.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named RecordEditor with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
The RecordEditor is a Data File editor for Flat Files (delimited and fixed field position). It supports Unix / PC / Legacy (e.g. Mainframe) file formats, both Text and binary files.
The Editor uses a Record-Layout description to format the files. This is ideal for Fixed width (Text or Binary) files, Cobol Data Files, Mainframe files and complicated Csv files. Cobol Copybooks can be used to format Cobol Data files.
As well as an editor, The following utilities are supplied
* Formatted Compare
* File Copy and reformat Utility
* FileWizard this is use to work out the format of a File. It can generally find both Text and binary / packed deicimal fields in a file
For Simple Csv you should look at its sister project reCsvEditor.
Note: The core Editor code is also used in the "Protocol buffers editor" and "Avro Editor"
- Can edit many formats: Binary Cobol, Mainframe, Text, Csv and Xml
- Can file export as Fixed, Csv, Xml and Html
- Edits Files with Cobol Copybook
- Copy Files from one format to another
- Compare files in different formats (e.g. Mainframe to Xml)
Information Technology, Advanced End Users, Developers, Quality Engineers, Testers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/record-editor/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.