This is the Linux app named Recycler whose latest release can be downloaded as ITCRecycler_V.1.01.06_20150514_2000.7z. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Recycler with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
With manual recycling it is absolutely impossible to write clean, secure and stable code! At least if projects reach a certain size.
Imagine: You are required to code a library that will be used in various projects.
Should the library functions recycle the Domino objects they use, or not? Of course they must recycle, because you don't know how many object handles the final application will use and your ones might be too much, if not recycled. On the other hand, libraries must never ever recycle any Domino object. As you probably know, every Domino object has no more than one Java object. And if a library function uses an object (i.e. a view) that is also used by the caller (or any other object), recycling this object will bring the caller in trouble! This makes recycling an insecure operation if you don't know exactly the current state of the application.
Recycler removes this problems because it keeps track of all Domino objects and recycles those that are no longer used.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/recycler/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.