This is the Linux app named RedComm whose latest release can be downloaded as RedComm_1.0_bin.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named RedComm with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
RedComm is a lightweight Java library. It simplifies communication over the serial port by providing methods and interfaces, which can be used to read and write to the serial port or over an emulated serial cable by using bluetooth. The major focus is on the ease of use of the library. Besides that the experienced user has the ability to change the reading and writing behaviour of the library. This means the user can easily extend and customize the RedComm library. Internally RedComm uses part of the RxTx Library (http://rxtx.qbang.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page) for port communication. Thus RedComm helps the unexperienced user using RxTx. RxTx is licensed under the LGPL 2.1 (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/lgpl-2.1.html). RedComm also provides facilities for event based serial communication with the help of threading in order to non-block ie. the gui thread of the corresponding application.
RedComm is ideally suited for education e.g at schools.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/redcomm/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.