This is the Linux app named Remote Syslog whose latest release can be downloaded as remote-syslog-latest-AMD64.tar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Remote Syslog with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Notice: new version is available @: https://www.remotesyslog.com/ and https://github.com/tslenter/RS/
Information about this version can be found @: https://github.com/tslenter/Remote_Syslog
Remote Syslog is a free application what can be used to view syslog messages. It uses 3 small c++ programs for installation and CLI log control. Recently we added a web based GUI, this gives you a easy way of viewing and extracting syslog messages. The buildin installer installs syslog-ng as syslog deamon and combines this with colortail and apache2 to enhance the display output. Use for installation Ubuntu 16.04 LTS or later, Debian 8.x /9.x. Can be used with a Raspberry Pi 3B.
- Recieve syslog information on port 514 UDP and TCP
- Upgrade over internet installation via rsinstaller
- Easy reconfiguration via rsinstaller
- Easy to use CLI
- Easy to use GUI
- View live syslog messages
- Allows you to clear the live archive
- Send a test message to your syslog server
- Editable configuration files
- View per host logging with the archive button
- View live logging with the archive button
- Allows you to download the archived/live syslog
- Saves syslog for 1 year
- Archives total logging every week
- Open files quickly (Plain text files)
- Raspberry Pi supported (recommended 3B)
- O/S support Debian 8.x /9.x, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Support for 32-bit, 64-bit and arm
- Module to activate local logging in Remote Syslog
Advanced End Users
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/remote-syslog/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.