This is the Linux app named rims-arduino-library whose latest release can be downloaded as rims_arduino_library_v3.1.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named rims-arduino-library with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONThis library implement RIMS controls for home brewers. For definition of a RIMS, see https://tinyurl.com/j3lyuyc
For me, an Arduino micro controller + a LCD Keypad shield was cheaper and a lot more customizable than a commercial PID controller. So, with this library, a commercial PID controller is unnecessary. Automatic PID tuning toolkit is also included.
Temperature can be read with a thermistor, a resistance temperature detector (RTD) or any custom temperature probe. Heater is controlled with pulse-width modulation (PWM) of a solid-state relay (SSR).
Documentation : https://tinyurl.com/y7579v6a
- User interface made with DFRobot LCD Keypad Shield for Arduino or similar (can be customized)
- Heater action : solid-state relay (SSR) time proportioning control (or pulse width modulation, PWM), LED duty-cycle indicator
- Temperature sensor : RTD reading with an instrument amplifier and cubic fitting, thermistor reading with voltage divider, custom temperature probe support, measurement pre-filtering before PID
- PID temperature regulation enhanced : derivative filter, smart integration clamping anti-windup, multiple controller (up to 4, optional) for different mash water quantities
- Automatic PID tuning : Autotuner based on relay identification, Fourier analysis and Ziegler-Nichols methods
- Manual PID tuning : Process model identification tools
- Tripped breaker detection on heater : any 5V DC power-supply
- Countdown timer that is activated only when temperature setpoint is reached
- Data logger : simple serial communication (usb port), SPI flash memory (Winbond 1 Mbytes), USB Menu to access brew data on SPI flash memory (by holding <OK> at startup)
- Hall effect flow sensor : turn off heater if flow is critically low,
- Alarm with external speaker : bad flow\disconnected temperature probe errors, timer is elapsed, no voltage on heater, different frequencies for each alarms (alarm distinction)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/rims-arduino-library/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.