This is the Linux app named RND whose latest release can be downloaded as RND.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named RND with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Generate a lot of random junk.
• huge files
• random character stream
• specific character sequence
Example uses - generate:
• specific number of characters for testing web forms
• restricted range character stream
• control characters, 'high characters', emojis for fuzzing application input
• specific byte sequence
• Unicode character range
• file overwrites to the exact byte count
• custom text strings as content filler
• long password strings
• specific file size (e.g. 777 bytes, 10 MB, 2 GB)
• huge files (x64 version: 4GB+ files)
• fast generation rates on x64 version: ~8GB/sec streams with i3 CPUs on Linux
• files for zipping / hashing / integrity / transfer / speed tests.
RND.zip contains the source code and the x86/x64 executables for Linux, Windows, Raspberry Pi.
- cryptographically secure PRNG for character stream generation
- fast file creation (when using non-crypto PRNG)
- creates large non-empty (non-sparse) files
- Unicode character range sequence
- ASCII 8-bit character table listing
- Raspberry Pi support
Advanced End Users, Developers, Testers, Security
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/rnd2/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.