This is the Linux app named RTC-simulator whose latest release can be downloaded as RTC_exe.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named RTC-simulator with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
RTC (Real Time Control) is a program of M. Mulholland (2015). This is a simple interactive simulator including 20 different applications for such aspects as PID and DMC controller tuning, advanced level control, Smith prediction, Kalman filtering, and control strategies for a furnace, a boiler, and a hybrid system.
A tutorial gives brief background to the theory and programming of each application, plus a stepwise set of objectives to illustrate the main features. The simulations include a number of the techniques described in Applied Process Control – Essential Methods, and that book’s accompanying volume, Applied Process Control – Efficient Problem Solving. Actually, RTC is not merely a suite of simulations: Each application can be switched from “MODEL” to “PLANT” mode for real-time control of equipment through a somewhat basic interfacing arrangement. In “MODEL” mode, time can be accelerated or frozen.
- Training for process control engineers
- Laboratory control projects for students
- Tuning exercises
- Multivariable systems
- Predictive control
- Identification & filtering
- Real-time adjustments
- Off-line acceleration
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/rtc-simulator/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.