This is the Linux app named Ruby whose latest release can be downloaded as 3.2.2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Ruby with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
A dynamic, open source programming language with a focus on simplicity and productivity. It has an elegant syntax that is natural to read and easy to write. Ruby is a language of careful balance. Its creator, Yukihiro “Matz” Matsumoto, blended parts of his favorite languages (Perl, Smalltalk, Eiffel, Ada, and Lisp) to form a new language that balanced functional programming with imperative programming. He has often said that he is “trying to make Ruby natural, not simple,” in a way that mirrors life. Since its public release in 1995, Ruby has drawn devoted coders worldwide. In 2006, Ruby achieved mass acceptance. With active user groups formed in the world’s major cities and Ruby-related conferences filled to capacity. Ruby-Talk, the primary mailing list for discussion of the Ruby language, climbed to an average of 200 messages per day in 2006. It has dropped in recent years as the size of the community pushed discussion from one central list into many smaller groups.
- Free to use, copy, modify, and distribute
- Every bit of information and code can be given their own properties and actions
- Object-oriented programming calls properties by the name instance variables
- Allows its users to freely alter its parts
- Ruby features single inheritance only, on purpose
- Ruby has exception handling features, like Java or Python, to make it easy to handle errors
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/ruby.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.