This is the Linux app named Sanskrit / Hindi - Tesseract OCR whose latest release can be downloaded as tam.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Sanskrit / Hindi - Tesseract OCR with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Sanskrit / Hindi - Tesseract OCR
DESCRIPTIONRead https://sourceforge.net/projects/tesseracthindi/files/OCRHindi_using_VietOCR_and_Tesseract.pdf/download for how to use vietocr gui for OCR of Hindi and Sanskrit texts using tesseract-ocr
Please see https://github.com/Shreeshrii/
imagessan and imageshin for newer box/tiff pairs, traineddata files, ocr evaluation statistics and ground truth files with images for Sanskrit and Hindi.
Following is OLD information - saved only for archival purposes.
Tesseract OCR 3.02 provides hin.traineddata for recognizing texts in devanagari scripts. However the Hindi training texts, images and box files are not provided, so it is difficult to improve the accuracy by further improving the traineddata. It is noted that recognition is more accurate and faster if the training is done with the same /similar font as used in the text to be OCRed.
See https://sourceforge.net/p/tesseracthindi/wiki/OCR%20for%20Devanagari/ for more details.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/tesseracthindi/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.