This is the Linux app named Sched-SPM whose latest release can be downloaded as code.rar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Sched-SPM with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Sched-SPM is a C++ schedule generator for software project staffing and rescheduling based on Genetic Algorithm (GA) and Hill Climbing (HC). This preliminary tool is mainly for academic purpose.
It is implemented with GALib (http://lancet.mit.edu/ga/), an open-source toolkit of Genetic Algorithms in various platforms including Unix and Windows. The input and output files of the software are required as XML format. The input file includes tasks' and employees' information according to predefined file format. The generated output XML file is accordance with Microsoft Project 2010 and could be open and edited within MS Project. It supports automated scheduling and rescheduling.
Parameters of GA such as population size, generation number, mutation probability, and crossover probability, and human factors such as learning, communication overhead, learning, and schedule pressure, could be controlled by users.
- Supporting both automated scheduling and rescheduling
- Considering human factors in staffing, such as communication overhead, learning, skill fitness, and schedule pressure
- Generating schedules in XML compatible with MS Project
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/sched-spm/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.