This is the Linux app named Scidb to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as scidb-beta-code-1475.tgz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Scidb to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Scidb to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:Scidb is an open-source chess database application for Windows, Unix/Linux. It is a new development inspired by Scid.
- Reading various formats (sci, scv, si3, si4, cbh, cbf, cbv, cbz, cif, ccif, pgn, pgn.gz, zip)
- Writing various formats (sci, scv, si3, si4, cif, ccif, pgn, pgn.gz, zip)
- Chess 960 and Shuffle Chess support
- Support of Drop Chess, Antichess, Three-check, King-of-the-Hill
- CQL++ (Chess Query Language) based position/header search
- Player base with online update
- Elaborated opening classification
- Support of chess for children (allowing invalid moves)
- 39 SVG/TrueType piece sets
- Customizable chessboard themes (46 pre-installed)
- PDF export (in planning stage)
X Window System (X11), Tk
C++, C, Tcl
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/scidb/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.