This is the Linux app named Semantic whose latest release can be downloaded as sha_c1486db42dcbcc0a7748fc759017ab8d30d0f2d1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Semantic with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
semantic is a Haskell library and command line tool for parsing, analyzing, and comparing source code. Run semantic --help for complete list of up-to-date options. Semantic uses tree-sitter to generate parse trees, but layers in a more generalized notion of syntax terms across all supported programming languages. We'll see why this is important when we get to diffs and program analysis, but for now let's just inspect some output. It helps to have a simple program to parse. Symbols are named identifiers driven by the ASTs. This is the format that github.com uses to generate code navigation information allowing c-tags style lookup of symbolic names for fast, incremental navigation in all the supported languages. The incremental part is important because files change often so we want to be able to parse just what's changed and not have to analyze the entire project again.
- Generates per-language Haskell syntax types based on tree-sitter grammar definitions
- Reads blobs from a filesystem or provided via a protocol buffer request
- Returns blobs or performs analysis
- Renders output in one of many supported formats
- semantic requires at least GHC 8.10.1 and Cabal 3.0.
- You can also use the Bazel build system for development
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/semantic.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.