This is the Linux app named ShellCheck whose latest release can be downloaded as shellcheck-v0.7.2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ShellCheck with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
ShellCheck is a GPLv3 tool that provides warnings and possible suggestions for bash/sh shell scripts. ShellCheck finds bugs in your shell scripts. You can cabal, apt, dnf, pkg or brew install it locally right now. ShellCheck highlights and clarifies typical beginner's syntax mistakes and issues that cause a shell to give a cryptic error message. It shows typical intermediate level semantic problems that cause a shell to behave in a abnormally and counter-intuitively. It can also discover ssubtle caveats, corner cases and pitfalls that may cause an user's working script to fail under probable future circumstances. ShellCheck.net is always synchronized to the latest git version, and is the simplest way to give ShellCheck a go.
- Packaged for your distro or package manager
- Supported as an integrated linter in major editors
- Available in CodeClimate, Codacy and CodeFactor
- Written in Haskell
- It can easily be added to builds or test suites
- Travis CI has now integrated ShellCheck by default
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/shellcheck.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.