This is the Linux app named Ships Clock whose latest release can be downloaded as shipsclock-2.0.1-src-linux-macosx.tgz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Ships Clock with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Ships Clock will ring a bell on every half-hour in the style of the standard ship's clock used for centuries on sailing ships around the world and still used in the world's navies today.
- Audible reminder of the current time every 30 minutes, using the nautical four-hour watch tradition.
- Starts automatically when the computer is rebooted (service on Windows, cron daemon on Linux, launch daemon on Mac)
- Simple configuration through a graphical tool on Windows.
- Integrated smoothly into System Configuration on Mac.
- Small footprint.
- Code is fully documented.
Developers, End Users/Desktop
Cocoa (MacOS X), Command-line, Non-interactive (Daemon), Win32 (MS Windows)
C++, Java, Objective C
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/shipsclock/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.