This is the Linux app named Simple Webcam Image Archive Script whose latest release can be downloaded as webcam-v1.12.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Simple Webcam Image Archive Script with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Simple Webcam Image Archive Script
DESCRIPTIONAuthor: Stephen Phillips - http://www.stephen-phillips.co.uk/webcam.html
Created Date: 11/03/2012
Last Modified Date: 30/04/14
Updated to fix some minor bugs and issues in the code.
This is a simple script I wrote to automatically archive images from my webcam to a MySQL Database for me to view later using PHP and a scheduler such as cron.
It is very simple, and can be included into a page using an iframe, it automatically copies the latest version of an image to the database which can be viewed using gallery.php to view all with sorting options, or using recentListing.php which shows the 10 most recent images archived.
Installation: See the read me included in the archive file or visit http://code.google.com/p/simple-webcam-image-archive/
I am hoping to rewrite this using Socket.IO (http://socket.io/) and node.js (http://nodejs.org/) at some point soon.
- Scheduled archive of images on a website using cron
- Stores images in MySQL DB which can be sorted on date and other fields
- Includes paginated gallery code to view previous images
- Includes latest 10 images code to embed on a website
- Includes documentation in readme.txt with guide to install
- Basic code, no styles applied, unbadged
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/swias/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.