This is the Linux app named Skynet whose latest release can be downloaded as Version1.6.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Skynet with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Skynet is a lightweight online game framework which can be used in many other fields. Skynet is a lightweight framework designed for online game servers. Although from the feedback of the Community , it's not limited as a game server framework. On the Uses page, it shows a few projects that have used or currently using Skynet, but there are way more projects than listed. And welcome to be the next user. For Linux, install autoconf first for jemalloc. For FreeBSD , use gmake instead of make. Skynet now uses a modified version of lua 5.4.2 for multiple lua states. Official Lua versions can also be used as long as the Makefile is edited. With Socket API and SocketChannel , which makes it easier to implement socket pool and reconnect, you can use Skynet to call socket even asynchronously. Skynet doesn't force a specific protocol, you can come up with your own design.
- Skynet is used in products of ejoy Inc, and several online games
- Not limited as a game server framework
- You are not required to know c to use the functionalities of Skynet
- Lua is required to develop Skynet applications
- Skynet has offered a bunch of functionalities that can be found in APIList
- Skynet can make internal services work
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/skynet.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.