This is the Linux app named SmartRoot whose latest release can be downloaded as SmartRoot.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SmartRoot with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONSmartRoot is a semi-automated image analysis software which streamlines the quantification of root growth and architecture for complex root systems.
The software combines a vectorial representation of root objects with a powerful tracing algorithm which accommodates to a wide range of image source and quality.
The software supports a sampling-based analysis of root system images, in which detailed information is collected on a limited number of roots selected by the user according to specific research requirements.
SmartRoot is an operating system independent freeware based on ImageJ and uses cross-platform standards (XML, SQL, Java) for communication with data analysis softwares.
To cite us:
Guillaume Lobet, Loïc Pagès and Xavier Draye. A Novel Image Analysis Toolbox Enabling Quantitative Analysis of Root System Architecture. 2011 Plant Physiology, Vol. 157
- Wide range of image type and quality
- All plant species
- Mature root systems
- Actions on several traced roots
- Basic plot generator
- SQL database export
- CSV export
- Various types of root annotations
- ImageJ plugin
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/smartroot/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.