This is the Linux app named SMeagol whose latest release can be downloaded as SMeagol-1.0.1.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SMeagol with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONSMeagol is a software suite for simulation of live cell single molecule microscopy, mainly aimed at single particle tracking applications. The code uses a combination of Matlab and compiled C++ executables, and runs on linux, windows and mac. Installation instructions, system requirements, and many more details can be found in the manual.
If you use SMeagol for in your research, please cite
Lindén, M., V. Ćurić, A. Boucharin, D. Fange, and J. Elf. Simulated single molecule microscopy with SMeagol. Bioinformatics. 32: 2394-2395 (2016).
Full text at http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/bioinformatics/btw109 (open access) or http://arxiv.org/abs/1509.04031 (pre-print).
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/smeagol/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.