This is the Linux app named SmithWaterman to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as smith_waterman-0.2.3.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SmithWaterman to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
SmithWaterman to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:MOVED TO GITHUB: https://github.com/noporpoise/seq-align
An implementation of the Smith-Waterman local sequence alignment algorithm.
See our sister project global alignment using Needleman-Wunsch:
- Affine gap penalties
- Coloured ouput
- Reads FASTA, FASTQ and plain sequence files (inc. gzip'ed files)
- Preset DNA/Protein substitution matrices (PAM/BLOSUM etc)
- Can load penalty substitution matrices
- Portable C code that can be used in other bioinformatics projects
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/smithwaterman/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.