This is the Linux app named SOPS whose latest release can be downloaded as v3.7.1.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SOPS with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
sops is an editor of encrypted files that supports YAML, JSON, ENV, INI and BINARY formats and encrypts with AWS KMS, GCP KMS, Azure Key Vault, age, and PGP. For the adventurous, unstable features are available in the develop branch, which you can install from source. To use sops as a library, take a look at the decrypt package. We rewrote Sops in Go to solve a number of deployment issues, but the Python branch still exists under python-sops. We will keep maintaining it for a while, and you can still pip install sops, but we strongly recommend you use the Go version instead. If you're using AWS KMS, create one or multiple master keys in the IAM console and export them, comma separated, in the SOPS_KMS_ARN env variable. It is recommended to use at least two master keys in different regions. If you want to use PGP, export the fingerprints of the public keys, comma separated, in the SOPS_PGP_FP env variable.
- Editing will happen in whatever editor is set to, or, if it's not set, in vim
- A copy of the encryption/decryption key is stored securely in each KMS and PGP block
- As long as one of the KMS or PGP method is still usable, you will be able to access your data
- sops encrypted files contain the necessary information to decrypt their content
- All a user of sops needs is valid AWS credentials and the necessary permissions on KMS keys
- Encrypting/decrypting with GCP KMS requires a KMS ResourceID
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/sops.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.