This is the Linux app named Sorting Algorithms whose latest release can be downloaded as SortingAlgorithm.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Sorting Algorithms with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
This is a small Java swing application that shows different sorting algorithms working on the same set of data. The user can modify the speed of execution and the type of data to sort and execute it step by step. The tooltip of each algorithm's box shows the source code that is executed and a little explanation got from wikipedia.
This application is aided to computer science students who want to better understand how the algorithms work.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/sortingdemo/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.