This is the Linux app named Spheral++ whose latest release can be downloaded as spheral_2.0.10.tar.bz2. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Spheral++ with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONAs of August 2018 Spheral++ has moved to Github -- please see the current repository at
We are leaving a frozen version here on SourceForge for historical reasons.
Spheral++ provides a steerable parallel environment for performing coupled hydrodynamical & gravitational numerical simulations. Hydrodynamics and gravity are modelled using particle based methods (SPH and N-Body).
- Total energy conserving compatible hydro mode.
- ASPH (Adapative Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics) algorithm.
- Oct-tree based N-Body gravity.
- Fluid and solid material modeling.
- Damage and fracture modeling in solids.
- Scriptable user interface in python.
- Extensible by user in python, including the ability to write new physics packages in python.
Developers, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/spheral/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.