This is the Linux app named Startup Helper whose latest release can be downloaded as StartupHelper.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Startup Helper with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Startup Helper lets users choose which programs are launched when the OS boots up. It also allows for waiting periods between launching programs, to prevent programs slowing each other down. During this startup process, the user can control the waiting period through the Startup Helper GUI, pausing the program, skipping a single program, or foregoing the waiting period and launching the next program immediately.
This project is made in Java, so it should be multiplatform. However, I've only been able to test it on a Windows XP machine, so please let me know if there are oddities, bugs and/or malfunctions on other platforms.
- Have programs you always use launch on every boot
- Pick the order in which programs start
- Different plans for today? Skip programs for this time
- Editor to easily create the list of programs you want started
Java Swing, Java AWT
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/startuphelper/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.