This is the Linux app named streamsupport whose latest release can be downloaded as streamsupport-1.7.4.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named streamsupport with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
This project has moved to GitHub:
streamsupport is a backport of the Java 8 java.util.function (functional interfaces) and java.util.stream (streams) API for users of Java 6 or 7 supplemented with selected additions from java.util.concurrent which didn't exist back in Java 6.
Due to the lack of default interface methods and static interface methods in pre-Java 8 the API had to be slightly adjusted in these areas but still covers the full functionality scope of Java 8. In detail, static and default interface methods have been moved to companion classes in the same package that bear the identical name as the interface but with an "s" appended (e.g. Comparator -> Comparators).
For ease of use, the default methods for most of the functional interfaces were NOT retained as abstract methods in the redefined interfaces - the missing default (and static) methods can always be found in the corresponding companion class.
- Java 8 / Java 9 Streams library backport
- Java 8 / Java 9 CompletableFuture backport
- Java 8 Parallel array operations backport
- Java 8 Functional interfaces backport
- Further java.util.concurrent enhancements from Java 7/8 backported to Java 6
- Includes miscellaneous Java 8 / Java 9 goodies (Optional, StringJoiner, ...)
- Supports Android - all versions, starting from Ice Cream Sandwich
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/streamsupport/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.