This is the Linux app named Subread whose latest release can be downloaded as subread-2.0.3-source.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Subread with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
The Subread software package is a tool kit for processing next-gen sequencing data. It includes Subread aligner, Subjunc exon-exon junction detector and featureCounts read summarization program.
Subread aligner can be used to align both gDNA-seq and RNA-seq reads. Subjunc aligner was specified designed for the detection of exon-exon junction. For the mapping of RNA-seq reads, Subread performs local alignments and Subjunc performs global alignments. Subread and Subjunc were published in the following paper: Yang Liao, Gordon K Smyth and Wei Shi. "The Subread aligner: fast, accurate and scalable read mapping by seed-and-vote", Nucleic Acids Research, 2013, 41(10):e108
- read aligner
- next-generation sequencing
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/subread/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.