This is the Linux app named Super-Linter whose latest release can be downloaded as v4.8.4.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Super-Linter with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
This repository is for the GitHub Action to run a Super-Linter. It is a simple combination of various linters, written in bash, to help validate your source code. The super-linter finds issues and reports them to the console output. Fixes are suggested in the console output but not automatically fixed, and a status check will show up as failed on the pull request. The design of the Super-Linter is currently to allow linting to occur in GitHub Actions as a part of continuous integration occurring on pull requests as the commits get pushed. It works best when commits are being pushed early and often to a branch with an open or draft pull request. There is some desire to move this closer to local development for faster feedback on linting errors but this is not yet supported. There is no need to set the GitHub Secret as it is automatically set by GitHub, it only needs to be passed to the action.
- Prevent broken code from being uploaded to the default branch (Usually master or main)
- Help establish coding best practices across multiple languages
- Build guidelines for code layout and format
- Automate the process to help streamline code reviews
- The GitHub Super-Linter now builds and supports multiple images
- Users can choose which Super-Linter they want to run and potentially speed up their build time
Unix Shell, Python
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/super-linter.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.