This is the Linux app named systemd whose latest release can be downloaded as systemdv250.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named systemd with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
systemd is a suite of basic building blocks for a Linux system. It provides a system and service manager that runs as PID 1 and starts the rest of the system. systemd provides aggressive parallelization capabilities, uses socket and D-Bus activation for starting services, offers on-demand starting of daemons, keeps track of processes using Linux control groups, maintains mount and automount points, and implements an elaborate transactional dependency-based service control logic. systemd supports SysV and LSB init scripts and works as a replacement for sysvinit. Other parts include a logging daemon, utilities to control basic system configuration like the hostname, date, locale, maintain a list of logged-in users and running containers and virtual machines, system accounts, runtime directories and settings, and daemons to manage simple network configuration, network time synchronization, log forwarding, and name resolution.
- systemd provides support for automatically reverting back to the previous version of the OS or kernel in case the system consistently fails to boot
- systemd can interface with the boot loader to receive performance data and other information, and pass control information
- systemd only supports running one graphical session per user at a time
- Data is transferred between the boot loader and systemd in EFI variables
- systemd has a number of interfaces for interacting with container managers, when systemd is used inside of an OS container
- It provides a system and service manager that runs as PID 1 and starts the rest of the system
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/systemd.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.