This is the Linux app named Tachyon Forth whose latest release can be downloaded as TAQOZ.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Tachyon Forth with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Tachyon was originally developed for the Parallax Propeller 8-core MCU because I need to do more and faster, and within the the limited memory, in order to produce firmware for my commercial embedded hardware products.
When the much vaunted successor, the P2 was introduced, then Tachyon was upgraded and even built into the P2 ROM as TAQOZ. Source code can be sent or pasted from the PC terminal at high speed (921,600 default) without any terminal delays and compiled into RAM ready for backup into SD or Flash.
TAQOZ RELOADED, the full version of Tachyon for the P2 can be booted from SD cards or Flash and has all the tools needed to develop and test code interactively on the target MCU.
Please browse the wiki pages for howtos and information on all matters regarding Tachyon/TAQOZ and the P1 and P2.
- Fast and interactive development
- Compile as you type allows full speed "one-liners" for testing
- Trace level debug with decompiled source
- Multi-core operation - completely independent and full-speed operation
- FAT32 and SD format utilities and report tools
- VGA bitmap text and graphics
- WIZnet W5500 Ethernet drivers inc Telnet, FTP, HTTP servers
- Tachyon on the P1 also includes FAT32 and Ethernet servers
- TAQOZ single op instructions <100ns
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/tachyon-forth/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.