This is the Linux app named TAPClean whose latest release can be downloaded as tapclean-0.38-win.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named TAPClean with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
TAPClean is a Commodore tape preservation / restoration tool. It will check, repair, and remaster Commodore 64 and VIC 20 TAP or DC2N DMP files (tape images).
- Detects and retrieves information about TAP and DC2N DMP file contents
- Tests and reports on the integrity and condition of the files
- Performs structural corrections and optimizations
- Develops a library of all detected files as their binary equivalents and allows content exporting
- Allows conversion to audio format (.AU or .WAV) so TAPs may be played out and recorded back to cassette tape
Science/Research, Advanced End Users, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/tapclean/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.