This is the Linux app named texgenpack whose latest release can be downloaded as texgenpack-0.6.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named texgenpack with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONtexgenpack is a texture compression and conversion program featuring a command line utility and a simple GUI program . Compression is implemented using a genetic algorithm. It supports compression, decompression, conversion and comparison of texture and image files.
The image format supported is PNG, while for textures there is support for KTX, PKM and DDS using ETC1, ETC2, DXT1/3/5 or BPTC (BC7) texture compression. Several uncompressed texture format are also supported.
This program requires the installation of libfgen, also avalable on SourceForge.
- Support for ETC1, common in mobile applications.
- Support for ETC2, the new standard mandated by OpenGL 4.3 and OpenGL ES 3.0.
- Support for the KTX and PKM file formats for holding ETC textures.
- DXT1/3/5 compression and DDS file format support.
- Support for the high-quality BPTC (BC7) format.
- Support for the BPTC_FLOAT (BC6H) format and HDR compression.
- Multi-threaded genetic algorithm using libfgen.
- Due to the nature of the algorithm new formats only need a decoding function to implement compression.
- Multiple speed/quality options.
- Automatic mipmap generation.
- Support for several kinds of ETC2 RGB + alpha textures.
- Wide range of conversion options.
- Due to speed limitations not recommended for compressing large amounts of big textures.
Information Technology, Developers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/texgenpack/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.