This is the Linux app named The Harmony of the World to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as harmony.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named The Harmony of the World to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
The Harmony of the World to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:Nowadays the idea of a music of the spheres, or a cosmic music that descends from the planets seems more like poetic philosophy than anything scientific. However, when the scientist Kepler discovered special principles about planetary motion, he also reconsidered the music. Apparently his observance of a harmonic law of planetary motion was reason for him to propose a computable system of pitch and harmony deriving from angular velocity.
The purpose of the programming project is as a tool to examine his system. With Java 2, it provides an open-source solution for listening to harmonies so generated by planetary motion. This program can run on any computer provided with a Java Virtual Machine (Rev 1.5 or greater).
JAVA 2, system independent. Purpose:to encourage research in harmony in astronomy, math and music. Obstacles:math, DSP/synthesis, networks, astronomy.
Features:audio, database, graphics
Technologies: Telnet, .WAV audio, oggvorbis, other audio
Education, End Users/Desktop, Science/Research
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/harmony/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.