This is the Linux app named The OS FPS/TPS project to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as Q3map2_manual_quickpars.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named The OS FPS/TPS project to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
The OS FPS/TPS project to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:This project aims to make an open source shooter (with first person and/or third person view) set in real world locations that will be greatly affected by climate change. The game uses the Enemy Territory: Legacy game engine (for NSCOET), but we also promote the AssaultCube Reloaded and Urho3D game engine as respectively secondary and tertiary game engines. Since the game engine can be considered as just another tool (it is basically an advanced map/level viewer, the game engine isn't the most important aspect of the platform, and game developers wanting to use our maps can decide themselves which of these engines they wish to use. The most important aspect of this platform is the community of game developers themselves, the help they provide between one another, and the tools (which allow converting of models, maps, .. in between game engines).
For anyone wanting to contribute to the project: you can contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Modular (different mods/plugins can be used with ET:L in NSCOET hence allowing to make many "games")
- Main platform (game engine, vehicle capability) is open source, add-on modules can be closed-source/paying
- Low system requirements (similar to AssaultCube or Battlefield Heroes sys reqs)
- large maps (Battlefield 2 / ARMA -size maps)
- semi-destroyable environments
- fair graphics (somewhere between Black Shades to Battlefield Heroes-type quality)
- grassroots approach; made by gamers/coders/modders, for gamers/modders (people can suggest and/or make own maps and other content)
- full game download (not just the client as with some MMOFPS, MMOTPS and MMORPG games)
- multi-OS support (Windows, Linux, Mac)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/theosfpsproject/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.