This is the Linux app named The Protein Similarity Network to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as PSIN_0.0.2.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named The Protein Similarity Network to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
The Protein Similarity Network to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:This is the protein similarity network - PSIN. Here, the nodes are human proteins and they are linked only if they share considerable sequence similarity.
We found that this network is particularly useful to distinguish approved from problematic drug-targets.
Here you also find the complete set of programs and datasets we used for this purpose.
Free to help further test and develop this project. Your help and expertise are much appreciated !
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us in the forum or by email.
Please see the original manuscript:
Lopes, TJS, et al. (2015) - "Identifying problematic drugs based on the characteristics of their targets" - Frontiers in Pharmacology doi: 10.3389/fphar.2015.00186
Healthcare Industry, Science/Research, Advanced End Users
Perl, Java, S/R
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/psin/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.