This is the Linux app named Torrtux whose latest release can be downloaded as torrtux-1.1.6.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Torrtux with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Torrtux is a terminal-based program, written in perl for downloading torrents from The Pirate Bay. If you live in a country where tpb is blocked (UK, Fin, Be, etc.), you can set a proxy in the config file.
With it you can get the magnet link of your torrent, copy it in the clipboard and open your torrent manager. All of that from your terminal !
It also allows you to get the details of your torrent, the author, the date, the type, the size, etc., just like being on the TPB site ! Moreover, it retrieves subs from www.opensubtitles.org.
It retrieves informations in the source code of the TPB page and parses it with regexp and the library html-parser.
In the config file ~/.torrtuxrc, you can chose your display, subs, comments preferences, your torrent-manager and a proxy if needed !
Thanks for reporting all bugs you find !
- Several research of torrents on thepiratepay.se
- Sorting of the torrents, like being on TPB
- Downloading of the magnet link
- You can open your favourite torrent-manager
- Automatic copy of the magnet link in your clipboard
- Research and downloading subtitles from www.opensubtitles.org
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/torrtux/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.