This is the Linux app named Unity Network whose latest release can be downloaded as lvl5UnityNetworkPlatform.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Unity Network with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Unity Network is a unique platform written in java that thanks to its distributed logic, it can provide a LARGE virtual networking space. By large we mean that it can support a big room for many clients. Moreover its a platform that is designted to be as less dependant from os and network as possible making it more logical and object oriented. The platform is defined by 3 basic principles which are freedom, security, individuality (see more inside) Its is fully functional but not recomended for usung as is because its an academic implementation meaning that needs to be taken care of for security and stability issues.
- Large and distributed virtual networking space (which means resistance to death)
- RSA Authentication between nodes
- As object oriented and logical as possible (no need for extra HW or OS edit)
- NAT Traversing features to get a client behind a NAT/Firewall
- A user may have many registered hostnames and hosts connected to the network
- A user may host anything he wants
Science/Research, Education, Developers
Java Swing, Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/unitynetwork/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.