This is the Linux app named Vaultwarden whose latest release can be downloaded as 1.23.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Vaultwarden with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Basically full implementation of Bitwarden API is provided including organizations support, attachments, vault API support, serving the static files for Vault interface, website icons API, authenticator and U2F support, yubiKey and Duo support. Pull the docker image and mount a volume from the host for persistent storage. This will preserve any persistent data under /vw-data/, you can adapt the path to whatever suits you. Some web browsers, like Chrome, disallow the use of Web Crypto APIs in insecure contexts. In this case, you might get an error like Cannot read property 'importKey'. To solve this problem, you need to access the web vault from HTTPS. This can be configured in vaultwarden directly or using a third-party reverse proxy (some examples). If you have an available domain name, you can get HTTPS certificates with Let's Encrypt, or you can generate self-signed certificates with utilities like mkcert. Some proxies automatically do this step, like Caddy.
- Personal vault support
- Organization vault support
- Password sharing and access control
- Live sync (WebSocket only) for desktop/browser clients/extensions
- Directory Connector support (Basic implementation, no group support)
- Two-step login via email, Duo, YubiKey, and FIDO U2F
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/vaultwarden.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.