This is the Linux app named VBS for Research on the Internet to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as all_base_source_files.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named VBS for Research on the Internet to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
VBS for Research on the Internet to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:Welcome to the Volunteer-Based System for Research on the Internet!
This system is designed to provide detail data about applications used in the Internet. This information can be used for:
- obtaining the knowledge which applications are most frequently used in the network
- providing the users some basic statistics about their Internet connection usage (for example for which kinds of applications their connection is used the most)
- creating scientific profiles of traffic generated by different applications or different groups of applications
- creating a traffic generator, to imitate traffic generated by particular applications, or to imitate the real traffic in the network
- implementing smart assessment of QoS in the network at the users' level and in the core of the network
- obtaining precise data needed to train Machine Learning Algorithms
- many more cases :-)
Advanced End Users, Information Technology, Telecommunications Industry
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/vbsi/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.