This is the Linux app named Vedo whose latest release can be downloaded as 2023.4.3.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Vedo with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
A lightweight and powerful python module for scientific analysis and visualization of 3d objects. Inspired by the vpython manifesto "3D programming for ordinary mortals", vedo makes it easy to work with 3D pointclouds, meshes and volumes, in just a few lines of code, even for less experienced programmers. vedo is based on VTK and numpy, with no other dependencies. Import meshes from VTK format, STL, Wavefront OBJ, 3DS, Dolfin-XML, Neutral, GMSH, OFF, PCD (PointCloud). Export meshes as ASCII or binary to VTK, STL, OBJ, PLY formats. Analysis tools like Moving Least Squares, mesh morphing and more. Tools to visualize and edit meshes (cutting a mesh with another mesh, slicing, normalizing, moving vertex positions, etc..). Split mesh based on surface connectivity. Extract the largest connected area. Calculate areas, volumes, center of mass, average sizes etc. Calculate vertex and face normals, curvatures, feature edges. Fill mesh holes.
- The library includes a large set of working examples for a wide range of functionalities
- Integration with other libraries
- Plotting and histogramming in 2D and 3D
- Working with volumetric data and tetrahedral meshes
- Working with polygonal meshes and point clouds
- Visualize a polygonal mesh or a volume from a terminal window
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/vedo.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.