This is the Linux app named VeraCrypt whose latest release can be downloaded as VeraCrypt_1.24-Update7_Source.tar.bz2. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named VeraCrypt with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
VeraCrypt is a free disk encryption software brought to you by IDRIX (https://www.idrix.fr) and based on TrueCrypt 7.1a.
It adds enhanced security to the algorithms used for system and partitions encryption making it immune to new developments in brute-force attacks. It also solves many vulnerabilities and security issues found in TrueCrypt.
This enhanced security adds some delay ONLY to the opening of encrypted partitions without any performance impact to the application use phase. This is acceptable to the legitimate owner but it makes it much harder for an attacker to gain access to the encrypted data.
All released files are PGP signed with key ID=0x680D16DE, available on key servers and downloadable at https://www.idrix.fr/VeraCrypt/VeraCrypt_PGP_public_key.asc
VeraCrypt can mount TrueCrypt volumes. It also can convert them to VeraCrypt format.
FAQ : https://www.veracrypt.fr/en/FAQ.html
- Available for Linux, MacOSX (10.7+) and Windows.
- Increased security and many vulnerabilities fixed compared to TrueCrypt
- Support both UEFI and MBR for Windows system encryption
Advanced End Users, Developers, End Users/Desktop, Security Professionals, Security
Win32 (MS Windows), wxWidgets
C++, Assembly, C
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/veracrypt/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.