This is the Linux app named VERTIS Virtual Scanner to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as Vertis-2.1-Beta.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named VERTIS Virtual Scanner to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
VERTIS Virtual Scanner to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTIONA virtual scanner that converts 3D models (in Wavefront .obj format) into pointcloud files (in PCL .pcd format). Useful for simulating robotic input.
NOTE: This project has been merged into the project at https://github.com/canderegg/cfg_obj
- Imports 3D models in Wavefront Object (.obj) format.
- Exports pointclouds in PCL Cloud (.pcd) format.
- Allows user-defined sampling rates when scanning.
- Can simulate Gaussian and Kinect noise profiles.
- Can cull backfaces and occluded faces.
- Supports Wavefront material libraries (.mtl), including textures and Lambertian shading.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/vertis/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.