This is the Linux app named Vic (Versatile Information Client) whose latest release can be downloaded as vic_2_2_0_win32-setup.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Vic (Versatile Information Client) with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Vic (Versatile Information Client)
The multiplatform desktop client can connect to any CMIS compatible data repository, but has been designed to work best with Alfresco to provide a familiar "explorer" look and feel for users. Vic will check-out a document to the local workstation, open it for editing and then manage the check-in process for the user. As well as dragging and dropping files to/from the repository, it can also upload emails. The development framework is extensible and it will be possible to add other data sources.
Tested against Alfresco Community versions 4.0 and 4.2
NOTE: Vic is not compatible with versions of Alfresco prior to 4.0
- Connects to Alfresco and displays folders and files in an "explorer" like manner
- Allows users to click on a document to edit it (handles the check-out and check-in process for the user)
- Connects to local and networked file store and copies files to/from Alfresco
- Can copy emails (IMAP) into Alfresco
- Displays and edits file metadata (properties)
- Has the ability to search for text and metadata within Alfresco documents
- Connects to Google Drive and copies files to/from Alfresco
System Administrators, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/vic-cmis/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.