This is the Linux app named VideoSubFinder whose latest release can be downloaded as VideoSubFinder_5.60_x64.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named VideoSubFinder with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
The main purpose of this program is to provide functionality for extract hardcoded text (hardsub) from video.
It provides two main features:
1) Autodetection of frames with hardcoded text (hardsub) on video with saving info about timing positions.
2) Generation of cleared from background text images, which allows with usage of OCR programs (like FineReader or Subtitle Edit) to generate complete subtitle with original text and timing.
For working of this program will be required "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019": https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
Latest versions were built and tested on: Windows 10 x64
For faster support in case of bug fixes please contact me in: https://vk.com/skosnits
Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/videosubfinder/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.