This is the Linux app named Virtual Sound Level Meter whose latest release can be downloaded as vslm_0_4_1_matlab_source.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Virtual Sound Level Meter with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Virtual Sound Level Meter
This project is the MATLAB development of a virtual sound level meter. The program will read in a calibrated .wav file and allow the user to analyze it as one would analyze a sound field with a sound level meter. The software implements Fast, Slow, Impulse and LEQ; A, C and Flat Weighting; Ln and Noise Dose analysis; Octave and 1/3 Octave band analysis; high resolution FFT analysis and spectrograms. Band analysis can be made using fast FFT methods or slower, but ANSI standard methods.
Source code requires MATLAB + Signal Processing Toolbox.
Developed under MATLAB R2010a (but might work with some earlier versions)
Executable version does not require MATLAB and runs under Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7.
- MATLAB Based Software Sound Analyzer
- Mimics results of an ANSI Standard Integrating Sound Level Meter
- Includes Lp, LEQ, Octave and 1/3 Octave Band, NC, RC and FFT Analysis
Science/Research, Education, Engineering
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/vslm/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.