This is the Linux app named VirtualGL whose latest release can be downloaded as VirtualGL-2.6.90.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named VirtualGL with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
VirtualGL redirects 3D commands from a Unix/Linux OpenGL application onto a server-side GPU and converts the rendered 3D images into a video stream with which remote clients can interact to view and control the 3D application in real time.
- "Workstation-like" levels of performance (when used with a high-speed X proxy such as TurboVNC)
- Eliminates 3D data size as a barrier to performance
- Enables 3D session mobility and collaboration (when used with VNC or a similar X proxy)
- 50+ Megapixels/second on a 100 Megabit network (when used with TurboVNC)
- Quad-buffered stereo support (certain restrictions apply)
- Can be used with VizStack to remotely display parallel rendering jobs
- Can be used with VirtualBox or VMWare to remotely display Windows OpenGL apps
Aerospace, Information Technology, Science/Research, Advanced End Users, System Administrators, Engineering
X Window System (X11), OpenGL, Win32 (MS Windows), Project is a remote control application
Unix Shell, C++, C
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualgl/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.