This is the Linux app named libjpeg-turbo whose latest release can be downloaded as libjpeg-turbo-3.0.0-gcc64.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named libjpeg-turbo with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
libjpeg-turbo is a JPEG image codec that uses SIMD instructions (MMX, SSE2, NEON, AltiVec) to accelerate baseline JPEG compression and decompression on x86, x86-64, ARM, and PowerPC systems. On such systems, libjpeg-turbo is generally 2-6x as fast as libjpeg, all else being equal. On other types of systems, libjpeg-turbo can still outperform libjpeg by a significant amount, by virtue of its highly-optimized Huffman coding routines. In many cases, the performance of libjpeg-turbo rivals that of proprietary high-speed JPEG codecs.
libjpeg-turbo implements both the traditional libjpeg API as well as the less powerful but more straightforward TurboJPEG API. libjpeg-turbo also features colorspace extensions that allow it to compress from/decompress to 32-bit and big-endian pixel buffers (RGBX, XBGR, etc.), as well as a full-featured Java interface.
- 2-6x as fast as libjpeg on x86, x86-64, and ARM platforms
- 32-bit and 64-bit binaries provided for popular Linux distributions, Windows, OS X, and iOS
- Can be used in GPL and proprietary applications
- Provides the industry-standard libjpeg API/ABI (can emulate libjpeg v6b, v7, or v8, although libjpeg-turbo does not support the non-standard SmartScale format introduced in libjpeg v8)
- Provides the TurboJPEG API used by VirtualGL and TurboVNC
- Similar performance to commercial/closed source accelerated JPEG codecs
- Full-featured Java wrapper
Science/Research, Advanced End Users, System Administrators, Developers
Assembly, C, Java
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/libjpeg-turbo/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.