This is the Linux app named Volunteer workshift scheduler whose latest release can be downloaded as vs.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Volunteer workshift scheduler with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Volunteer workshift scheduler
Code written in Python finds the best possible schedule for volunteers while incorporating constrains and special requirements using CP-SAT Solver (Constraint Programming - boolean SATisfiability problem Solver).
Java version is in development.
Arranging volunteers for a helpline service for the period of one month.
There are three types of work that could be done on the same day:
Phone shift: Every day.
Chat shift: Mondays and Wednesdays.
Observer shift: Any day.
Properties of each volunteer:
Function: doing phone, chat, both or observation for training purposes.
Maximum amount of weekend shifts.
Whether their shifts have to be on separate weeks.
Whether they welcome observers.
Whether they want to work alone.
Whether they cannot yet work alone.
List of people they do not want to work with.
- Output in cvs spreadsheet format
- Optimal solution, fast
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/volunteer-scheduler/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.