This is the Linux app named Watchman whose latest release can be downloaded as v2022.01.24.00.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Watchman with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Watchman purpose is to watch files and record when there are changes. It can trigger actions (rebuilding assets, for example) when there is a change in matching files. The watchman executable has both the client and the server components of the watchman service. When running watchman, it will attempt to communicate with your existing server instance (each user has their own persistent process), and will attempt to start it if it doesn’t exist. There are some options that affect how watchman will locate the server, some options that affect only the client and some others that affect only the server. Since all of the options are understood by the same executable we’ve broken those out into sections of their own to make it clearer when they apply. Watchman is conservative, preferring to err on the side of caution; it considers files to be freshly changed when you start to watch them or when it is unsure.
- Watchman can recursively watch one or more directory trees
- Watchman does not follow symlinks
- It waits for a root to settle down before it starts to trigger notifications or command execution
- You can query a root for file changes since you last checked
- You can subscribe to file changes that occur in a root
- Watchman includes a C++ client library to facilitate easy access to Watchman data
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/watchman.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.