This is the Linux app named XMICAE Customizable IF Engine to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as xmicae.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named XMICAE Customizable IF Engine to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
XMICAE Customizable IF Engine to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:XMICAE stands for eXtensible Markup Initialized Customizable Adventure Engine. It is an IF system that supports the integration of game element like "Activities" that can turn it into something capable of adding sophisticated game mechanics.
It is inspired by and aims to be an alternative to StoryNexus and Sryth.
- PHP-based; should work in most PHP 5 setups out of the box.
- Interactive Fiction system.
- Customizable with "Activities" that add additional functionality.
- MySQL for database storage.
- XML files provide interactive fiction input and initialize much of the game.
- Document Object Manipulation for XML parsing.
- Game elements can greatly augment interactive fiction.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/xmicyoacustomizableifengine/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.